Sunday 22 September 2013

Walking along the shores of Lake Washington and other news...

Wow it’s amazing how quickly time passes whilst you are breathing in and out. The 30th of September marks my 100th day in Seattle. I have had 13, that’s thirteen working weeks here and I have just finally completed the second run through of the technique I really wanted to learn as a priority – sigh! So what have I been up to since my last update? Mainly breathing in and out and watching reruns of TV series I love on Netflix (embarrassed face). Obviously work has taken up a reasonable amount of time too. I am continuing my church hunting; I visited another church where ‘the preach’ was given by video link. I have also revisited the UMC church I visited my first Sunday (with the expressive lady pastor), an impressive number of people remembered me and some even remembered my name!  I have ‘finished’ the Psalms of Ascent “How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! … For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life for evermore.” (Psalm 133), food for thought as I seek a new church community to ‘live’ with. 

I have also joined a flute choir which boasts four flute parts, alto and bass flutes, and allegedly piccolos. We’ve had two rehersals so far and I didn’t really keep up with the playing but at least most of the time I knew where we were in the music! I hope with more practice I will improve. It will also help when I become more familiar with having a conductor and using her to figure out the speed of pieces.


A few weekends ago I went for a 15 mile walk up to the top of Lake Washington and I have a few photos to share though from that (see below). 
The MOHAI (museum of history and industry) that I visited on
the first Thursday of the month (which is free)


Inside the MOHAI
See the proof for 'Seattleites'



The space needle, taken with the fish eye setting on my new camera



My walking root
(although this is the shortest route between the two points)

Tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches - yum!

little birdies that kept me entertained during lunch

Views over Lake Washington


















Beautiful ripples



Look what I found in the grass Dad!

There were a couple of clumps in different spots...

No comments:

Post a Comment