Sunday 15 December 2013

Frozen Fountains and Gingerbread Houses


This year I didn't get to see the tree lighting up at Pikes Place Market, something to do for next year, but I did go for a visit on Friday to have a look.

Last Weekend we were in the middle of a cold snap which led to some beautiful works of physics and chemistry in the shape of frozen fountains. For a damp city Seattle has a lot of public water features which are amazing when they freeze.




Another fun thing I did after work this week was visit the Gingerbread Village at the Sheraton Hotel. Which raises money for the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). I wonder whether I can convince someone in Bristol to have a go at this. The theme is nursery rhymes and so we have "hey diddle diddle"....
 


"I saw three ships..." is that really a nursery rhyme? 


"London Bridge is falling down" with "hickory dickory dock" in the background.


Jack in the Bean Stalk...

 


And here's another shot of Pike's Place Market...  


No comments:

Post a Comment