Thursday 20 February 2014

Christmas Left Overs



The Journey Home!
January has been a busy month of busy-ness, more on that later. For now a little catch up on my Christmas...
The day I needed to get to the airport it snowed. Although this wasn't actually a problem because it all melted by lunch time. My journey was fairly uneventful and I got back to Heathrow at 7:30am on Saturday which was 11:30pm for my body clock. Safe to say I had an afternoon nap on Saturday!


Pretty isn't it!
My first couple of days were in Bristol. Sunday I got visit my Church in Bristol, a few of my colleagues at/from work, and the dentist! Also my Sister, should probably mention her too! Then I got to spend over 5 hours traveling 70 miles back to my parents in Oxfordshire... I love public transport!
a very wet me waiting at the bus stop...
 

...watching the rain fall down.
Boxing Day and Christmas Day I spent in Oxfordshire then traveled across to Bristol again for our Christmas Day on Boxing Day.
Beautiful Oxfordshire

The river Thames, downhill (!) about half a mile from my parent's house.



Just over the field... along the concreate path
Cormorants hanging out by the river
Obeying the law I went to Church on Christmas day (well I was there
till early Christmas morning) by foot, not wheeled vehicle.

I left Father Christmas so juice and a mince pie I'd made
with my Mummy earlier in the day
I got presents in return :-) 
We went to visit some Reindeers after the hard work of Christmas eve was over...

They seemed very tired!
All in all I had a really lovely two week break back home, for once it felt more like three weeks. I got to see lots of lovely people, and missed seeing some other lovely people. It was wonderful to go home, in some ways it felt like I could finally let my mind rest. Then again it was nice to come back to Seattle and feel at home too... 

No comments:

Post a Comment