Saturday 29 November 2014

On the first day of Christmas...

OK so that may be jumping the gun a little bit but it snowed today so I think I'm allowed.

Today was a busy Christmas day. I put out my advent calendars, one is filled with Cadbury's Roses and earrings; As it is my first Christmas having pierced ears I intend to enjoy it.

This morning I walked to church in the sugar coat of snow we had. Enough to look pretty but not impede movement, although it was quite cold (in the American sense of the word meaning especially cold not the usual English meaning of not quite cold). At church we hung fake greenery with plastic baubles and ribbon bows as well as putting up a few Christmas trees and some truly beautiful banners. The Plaster of Paris Mary and Joseph are in place on the altar patiently awaiting the arrival of their son towards the end of the month. For a few moments today the Pastor set them up with a substitute in the form of a fluffy toy dog but someone has now removed the offending canine.

Pikes Place Market during the sunset

This afternoon I set off for the 'Magic of Christmas' at Pike's Place Market. I have to say there wasn't that much magic for most of the afternoon but walking around the market is always fun. I settled into place by the dark Christmas tree at about 4:40pm and listened to some carol singers. By 5pm the crowd had grown a bit larger and Santa gave us all of five seconds to count down to the Christmas lights being turned on. Christmas count down starts soon...



Traditional 'r'mers market with Carol Singers
 This video is a bit quick but you get to hear a bit of the carols...

Santa begins the countdown...
 Counting down and lights on...








Pigs might fly... if they had evergreen antlers...

... and a red nose! These were my favourite lights


No comments:

Post a Comment