Saturday 10 May 2014

He will not ask me why I wasn't Moses


Earlier this year I bought a new wallet. It bears the encouraging slogan "In a world where you can be anything by yourself". I am someone who is usually quite aware of my weaknesses even if I am unable to overcome them. This trip to Seattle has perhaps convinced me that I am slightly more capable than I imagined but many times over it has also reminded me of my failings and of what I am not and perhaps would like to be. This little slogan reminds me that I am a gifted individual and have the luxury of actually having many choices in front of me, it encourages me to seek ways of using my gifts as myself not trying to fit into someone else's box. 

The other fun thing about the wallet is the brief conversations it elicits with cashiers. Mainly just; "oh I like that little phrase". A few weeks ago however some one said; "Oh that reminds me of one of my favourite quotes; An ancient Rabbi once said that when he stands before God, God will not ask him why he is not Moses". So I looked it up accounts differ but all cite Rabbi Zusya (Susya/Zusha). 

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself. For when you stand before God he will not ask you why you were not Moses, he will ask you why you were not yourself. 


We each have a unique identify exemplified in our very fingertips!


No comments:

Post a Comment